Hawkesdale is 150 years old in 2011

The small township of Hawkesdale will celebrate 150 years from being first gazetted. Celebrations are now be organised and the committee is seeking photographs and memorabilia for display at this event.

Here is a podcast of a radio  interview from the ABC with AnneMaree Huglin, one of the chief organisers. Please leave comments here if you have questions or could help us out.

This entry was posted in events and tagged , , by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.

2 thoughts on “Hawkesdale is 150 years old in 2011

1. Went to Hawkesdale in 1981 to1986, I live in Nullawarre Would like Intinary please, may have some photo’s. Using mums computer because there is no service in Nullawarre. Thank-you Marcia Carter