Hawkesdale suffers from flooding

After many years of near drought, low rainfall etc, Hawkesdale has finally had heavy downpours of rain. In fact 100 ml of rain has fallen within 12 hours. School buses had to detour, parents had to pick up some students and roads were closed in the flooding that occurred in some areas.

Here is  a sign that is rarely seen on a busy intersection just up the road from where I live. It is the Woolsthorpe-Heywood Road section between Hawkesdale and Woolsthortpe.

detour sign

This entry was posted in events and tagged by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.